Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2013 BMW 320i M Sport, can you advise the following?Should

Customer Question

2013 BMW 320i M Sport, can you advise the following?
Should it come with front parking sensors as standard? (if not are the original OEM sensors expensive to fit and map to the front display)?
Finally should the service history be stored on the key fob or does it need a service book?
Mike
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Parking sensors are not standard and they are VERY expensive to fit after the fact, I would say prohibitively so.
The service history is NOT stored on the key fob.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Steve,

Thanks for your response. I have two replies.

Yes, parking sensors are standard on the 320i M Sport 2013 model on the rear, just not on the front, hence my question. My BMW local office have said they will fit colour code front ones for around £300 (so not that expensive).

If not on the key fob then where are the services stored? as it does not come with a service book. Again while waiting for your response BMW has indeed advised that everything is on the fob and car system this is why there is no service book.

I can understand why your response differs hence the OK service rating.

Best Regards

Michael Low

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

right, sensors are not standard on the front, that is what I meant, per your question

if your dealer will install front distance conrol for that price, then you are fortunate as most cars require a full bumper replacement (hence the cost) to retrofit. without the vin of the car I cannot verify exact retrofit requirements, and the usual requirement is a new bumper.

my understanding is that they key does not store service history, the key provides the vin, which a dealer can use to look up service history that has been recorded on the bmw central servers. In any event, there is no service book for this car, it is all electronic.