Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

mate bmw2005 x5 e53 number plate lights stay on and upper

Hi mate bmw2005 x5 e53 number plate lights stay on and upper rear side lights come on flicker then go out
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would check for any kind of wiring damage or fraying where the wiring leaves the vehicle body and enters the tailgate, and also for any melting or burning at the bulb sockets
If nothing is found, this is most likely a failed light module (aka lamp control module)
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.