Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 730d BMW I have a 2 inner wishbone bushes worn I

Customer Question

I have a 730d BMW I have a 2 inner wishbone bushes worn I have purchased bushes from euro parts which have a V in them they look far to big but its the ones that they list any info would be appreciated if they are the right ones is there a special tool to fit them or are there different bushes to the ones I have bought as Trainers will only sell wishbone costing £388 I cannot dismantle it at the moment until I am sure I have the correct bushes or a special tool to insert them if one is needed Mike

Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal being a retired engineer and having many years as well in repairing and maintaining cars, motorbikes etc I think I have solved my problem and will be able to change the bushes without a special tool,which I seems to be a bit elusive as BMW do not give much away, but we engineers are pretty inventive when we come up against the odds there's not much we cannot solve if we put our minds to it but I would appreciate if you could come up with someone who knows where we could get hold of the special tool for compressing the bush so they can be inserted into the wishbone cheers \\\\mike

Hello Mike,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
what exactly did you buy? what is the part number?