Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

guys, M3 E92 V8, flat battery.....charging in car

Hi guys, M3 E92 V8, flat battery.....charging in car for 4 hours now, won't start. I think I need to leave it charging longer, but suspect getting it started won't be as easy as I think! Is there a procedure I need to know about, or do I need to leave the electronics to re-boot, foot on brake etc...???? Many thanks and kind regards, Peter.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

there is no special procedure to start the car unless something has failed while it sat flat or while charging

once the battery has sufficient charge, just start as normal. No rpocedure, no nothing, press the start button and go.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, I was hoping that would be the case, I just need to be patient and leave it on charge until it's fully charged I guess! I just gave you an excellent rating, so fingers crossed. Is there anyway I can update you? Also, ensure you get my fee? I didn't proceed with the monthly subscription thing, bit sneaky that.....but happy for the one-off charge! Thanks...

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

if you would like to follow up you can just come back to this link and post back.

there is no special procedure to start the car. you might get warnings and possibly need to recalibrate the steering angle sensor, but the only way you wont be able to start the car is if something is faulted.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oooh, steering angle sensor, what that? Anything you can add so I am prepared?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

if you get a traction control or stability warning, turn the wheel from lock to lock several times while stationary to recalibrate it

nothing else is remotely common