Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I own a 730D 2001 BMW, with a little over 100,000 miles, in

Customer Question

I own a 730D 2001 BMW, with a little over 100,000 miles, in very good condition.
Recently it is not performing very well going up long motorwayhills, & I note some 'oily' deposits/drops on the rear bumper after a long journey . Up to now the car has never given me any problems.Could there be a soot problem with the Catolitic converter, or were DPF filters & emission filters or converters fitted on those older models.
Jim
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
what is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't understand your question. What is the vin ? I am currently in Ireland, but the car is in Spain, so if it is a no. on the chassis or other similar no. I cannot check it.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will need the vehicle identification number to identify what emissions control system you car has, in order to answer your question
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Steve

I won't be able to provide that until the end of May when I will be back in Spain.

Jim

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
please post it when it is available