Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW E60 530D M sport 2006 - Remote key fob will unlock and

Customer Question

BMW E60 530D M sport 2006 - Remote key fob will unlock and open the boot but will not lock the car - tried the spare key and exactly the same will unlock and open the boot but will not lock the car, so obviously not a fault with the key fobs. I can lock the car with the manual key no problems - any ideas would be much appreciated - best regards ***** *****
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
what has been tested so far?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing yet - this all happened today - tested both key fobs and the same sympton unlocks, opens the boot but will not lock the car. I can lock the car with the key and all doors lock correctly.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

what if you use the lock button inside the car?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If you use the lock button below the hazzard warning light button inside the car the doors lock correctly....

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

this is not a common failure mode for this system

I would suggest that you check all fuses just in case, and also unhook the vehicle battery for an hour to reset all systems

if the issue persists, then I would suspect that the problem is an internal control module failure or software fault.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.