Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Matt , i have an oil leak which means having to remove the

Customer Question

Hi Matt , i have an oil leak which means having to remove the engine to fix, was just wondering if this is a common problem in mini ones?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the answer to your question "was just wondering if this is a common problem in mini ones" is no, this is not a common problem on mini ones

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so the rear main oil seal leaking and needing to be replace in such a new car is acceptable? or do you think the manufactururer should pay towards the cost?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating.

I did not say this was acceptable, I said it is not common, per your question.

it is rare for this to leak on such a new car, but it can happen.

if the car is out of warranty (as I assume it is), then the manufacturer has not liability whatsoever to cover any costs associated with this leak

you can ask if they will consider contibuting towards the cost as a good will gesture, but they have nothing forcing them to do so. If they decline that is up to them, they have no responsibility for this on an out of warranty car

as the original quesiton has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating