Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a bmw one series 118 desiel 2009 model when i take

i have a bmw one series 118 desiel 2009 model when i take off from a standing start there is a knok from the back it knok in second to till the car running st a reasonable speedi stripped the brakes they look ok i have taking the drive shafts out and put fresh grease in there is no movement from the propshaft could give me some idea what the problem is
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
is the sound definitely from the rear, or could it be from the middle or the car?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i had a friend sit in the back seat and he was convinced that the noise came from the rear drivers side i am told that the car will have duel mas flywheel but it operates well and does make a noise when starting or stopping the engine. could the rear driveshaft make this noise i have had this shaft out and both ends feel ok or would it be ok to drive the car till the problem becomes more obvious

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
The drive shaft would normally be more from the center.
I would suggest checking the differential and subframe mounts, as well as all rear suspension mounds and bushes.
Yes it should be fine to continue to drive, just keep paying attention to be sure it does not get too bad, too fast
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.