Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My iPhone used to pair with the stereo use and

My iPhone used to pair with the stereo for handsfree use and occasionally still does but it is erratic and getting less frequent then drops of when I stop, failing to reconnect. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated, car is 2008 325i.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
what exactly has been tried so far to rectify this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve,

We have tried different phones, Apple and Android and others and it has been to the BMW dealer who services it who does not understand why and is a bit reluctant to update the firmware as he is nervous that it might introduce other challenges given the age of the car?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

I would suggest, if you have not, unpairing all phones completely and then unhooking the car battery for an hour, then trying everything again.

if it still does not work, a software update for the vechile will be the only next step (I would not worry about other issues), followed by replacement of the bluetooth airel and the phone module itself.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steve, I believe the BMW guys have tried this but I am happy to try again. Is this something that a novice can do, unhook the battery? If you say it is I will do it myself....and I absolve you from responsibility! Thanks. Dave.
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
Most people are able to disconnect the negative battery terminal on their own. However, if you are not familiar or have never done it before, I would suggest you recruit somebody who has to assist you