Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2007 X3 3.0D Radio does not work until 20 or 30 minutes have

2007 X3 3.0D Radio does not work until 20 or 30 minutes have passed the same with the computer on screen but computer on dash works ok/
Please help.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
what are you defining as the computer on screen and computer on dash?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

By the screen I mean the pop up screen that shows satnav and computer readouts. At the same time as the problem I descibe the satnav shows the moving map but cannot input intructions as that remains dead as well as the radio etc. It is worth mentioning that the time is shown on the pop up screen and is correct. The readout on the dah is at the bottom of the speedo. This shows time, mpg, temperature etc. This is working correctly all the time?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

unhook the vehicle battery for an hour then reconnect and see if anything changes.

if it does not, then the system is faulted and will require either a software reload or component replacement.

unfortunately a main dealer scan tool is required to diagnose and repair such an issue, so you will not be able to avoid a trip to a main dealer or shop with main dealer equipment

hopefully it is only a software issue.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle