Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My bmw three series has a problem with the electric fan

Customer Question

my bmw three series has a problem with the electric fan behind the rad it stays on all the time the car is not overheating and I have replaced the fan and it still stays on when the engine is running I got air toped up but it has not switched off what is wrong it is a 1.9 petrol 51 plate
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

this is most likely a failed temperature or pressure sensor that is erroneously triggering the fan to run. You will need to have the car hooked up to a BMW diagnostic computer to read out the sensor values to identify which is faulty.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle