Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I had e39 '02 530i but replaced with 535i engine and ecu

Customer Question

hi, I had e39 '02 530i but replaced with 535i engine and ecu . but can't start it. any ideas why?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

you have asked "any ideas why"

I would suspect that is immobilizer related most likley, although it could possibly also be the ecu not getting reconizable inputs from other systems which are required to start.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did changed the immobiliser. But what input differences is it?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
.
transmission control module, abs module, brake switch, etc.
.
these cars are not meant to have different engines installed because of the dependencies across the various systems. the only successufyl engine transplant I have ever heard of was done by BMW corporate engineering
.
if you want any chance of resolving this, you will need to have the car scanned and live monitored with a BMW dealer scan tool
.
as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

last thing and I will rate it. can you send me pin meanings? from 530i and 535i. from inside of the car to ecu.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry I cannot share copyrighted information. It is copyrighted BMW info and was not within the scope of the original question

Please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating, thank you