Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

X3 will not move till it is reved

Customer Question

x3 will not move till it is reved
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

what year is the x3?

what specificaly is your question about this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

b mwx3 2011 transmission automatic when lift foot of brake will not move till rived says transmission fault on scren

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
did not get answer
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

and what is the question you would like answered about this? what information are you seeking?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello?

what is the question you would like answered about this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I like to now what is cause of this

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

unfortunately these symptoms and the warning are not specific. they only mean there is a transmission fault of some kind.

warning lights are not specific and are only intended to inform the driver of a present issue. Warnings do not aid in diagnostics.

the only way to verify exactly the cause will be to have the fault logs read from the car with a bmw scan tool. this is the next/only step at this time. common causes are internal transmission wear and a fluid leak, but there is no way to know until the faults are read out.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.