Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Ive recently bought a 650 sport, goes like shit off a stick

Hi ive recently bought a 650 sport, goes like shit off a stick but the exhaust sounds as the car is missing, which it is not, it has a sort off waffle to it. is this standard
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Are any warning lights on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
If the car was truly misfirng, then the check engine light would be one. Although I have not heard your exhaust for myself, there is likely no issue based on what you have described.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I wanted an answer from a bmw expert who had heard one of these cars before, if possible

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating

I have heard many of these cars before, I know what the exhaust sounds like.

I have not heard YOUR 650 to know what noises exactly you are experiencing relative to a "normal" 650.

as I said, with no light on, there is no misfiring, so I have to conclude it is operating normally based the information I have

as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating