Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Why have you not responded yet re BMW windows.

Ive got a 330ci cab my near side rear window down but not up.

Category: BMW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Re power windows
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you ..Im afraid I cannot see any other question listed - Please explain fully what it is you need help with and we can then progress..Kind Rgds, MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi mike my name is***** left a question with another but did not get a reply. I've got a 330ci convertable 2000 w reg,the passenger rear window stoped working so I took the motor out and had it looked at, it worked fine up and down so I got new window switches, window goes down ok but won't go up cheers Gary.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Gary..
Sorry about the confusion - it was likely a system issue..it can happen as with anything Im afraid..
Ok - with this then - can you use a test meter - or 12v test lamp... connect to the pins on the motor and operate the switch to send the window down.. obviously it should light / register a reading.. Once confirmed on the circuit you know works, try the others till you get a reading for the "up".. If you get a reading, you know the switch / circuit is working and the fault is with either the replacement motor ( it does happen ) - or, something on the actual mechanism is binding - stopping the window go up.
If you don't get a reading - then you need to check the wiring back through the door - through also the "link / wire " tube to the body - and to the switch for damage to the wires - that will on the UP circuit cause this.
If no wire faults are found, then the switch is your suspect. Again, replacements can be faulty.
If you then rule that out - the suspect is going to be either the drivers door switch panel - which has overall control of all the windows- or, the switch that you can use to stop the backs working ( the master switch )
So that's the way to work through this one and get this cured for you Gary.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-- Meantime - Please do click on the Exc / Ok rating for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike got my son to test all the wires could not find any probs, looked at all the relays only thing we could detect was the body control module it's the one with 3 blocks in,when operating the windows down they all make a clicking sound but operating the windows up the only one that does not make clicking sound is the rear passenger window that won't go up,not sure if has anything to do with the windows cheers Gary.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
HI there Gary-
Are you saying that all the windows work ok now - except the rear pass one?
Rgds, MIKE....................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike The windows all worked except the nearside rear one anyway,just asking has the body control module got anything to do with the power windows if so maybe a new one would solve the problem Gary.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Gary -
Im sorry I dont know why I didnt see this before -
Looking at the date, I don't know what happened.
Im assuming you may have sorted it by now - but if not, feel free to get back to me Gary.
Best Rgds, MIKE.