Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

How do I reset computer after renewing brake pads on 2014 Bmw

how do I reset computer after renewing brake pads on 2014 Bmw X3. I am willing to pay 10£
Category: BMW
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is MIKE..
The light that you have on - pleaed describe it.
Is it - a circle with 3 dashes around each side?
Did you renew the sensors?
Front or rear pads?
Rgds, MIKE..................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

message on dash. continue journey at moderate speed brake pads need to be replaced.

renewed front and rear pads and sensors

The light that stays on is red circle with exclamation mark in centre and it is like inverted coma at each side

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again..
Thank you for your reply / further info -
In veiw of that - please give me the cars Full reg no..
Rgds, MIKE......................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

reg no B15 AHB

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Ali..
Ok I have your vehilce.. Now this shouldn't be happening as the system should have reset when you did the job..
Try this Ali.. switch the engine off.. then switch the Ign to position 2..leave like that for 30 secs to 1 min.. then switch off.. and then restart the engine. That is a method of manual reset.
If that doesn't work, you either have a fault with one or more of the sensors..or, its going to need resetting with plug in diagnostic equipment.
If it comes that - at the same time the plug in test would tell you if a fault exists on the system and where..
So work through as above -one way or the other you will get this sorted as above.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.