Roger
Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Bmw 535d msport 2007 LCI oil service will not reset. Done the

Customer Question

bmw 535d msport 2007 LCI oil service will not reset. Done the manual method by using button on dash and even had it serviced at BMW for them to tell me they could not reset. What happens is it shows -34000 miles "service ergently". I reset following the correct procedure and it will reset showing 19000 miles to next service. Within a couple of minutes it will revert back to -34000 again. Help, thanks Billy
Category: BMW
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hello Billy,I have seen this quite a few times. I am surprised the dealer did not tell you what it might be. The failure tends to be the oil level condition sensor located at the bottom of the oil pan. This sensor checks the condition of the oil and will not allow a reset when it is malfunctioning. Sometimes after an oil change the light will not reset and it leads to a bad oil level sensor. The sensor will need to be replaced to correct this problem.I hope this is helpful. Please remember to select a positive rating for me to receive credit for helping. Thank you.Best Regards,Roger