Roger
Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

2006 318i missing at high speed but doesnt cut out

Category: BMW
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with this. Can you post the last seven digits of the VIN number please? Also how many miles do you currently have on the vehicle?Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

kw94216 56,ooo miles

Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for the VIN. On your N46 engine there is a common failure with bad ignition coils. This failure leads to a skip being felt with no check engine light. This is also common on the BMW 6 cylinder engines. The fix is to replace all the ignition coils with updated parts. I like to replace plugs at the same time since they have not been firing correctly due to the failing ignition coils. I hope this is helpful. I am providing a link to a parts picture of the coils for you.Please remember to select a positive rating for my help today as this is the only way I receive credit for helping today. Thank you!Best Regards,Rogerhttp://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=VA52-EUR-04-2006-E90-BMW-318i&diagId=12_1312