Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

How do I temporarily completely disable the alarm on an E61

How do I temporarily completely disable the alarm on an E61 525D Tourer?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help...
Can I just ask - are you meaning the ultrasonics - ? What is the issue you have ?
Rgds, MIKE........................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Mike - we bought the car last Thursday and ever since the alarm keeps going off randomly. From what I can gleam on the inter-web, it could be the tailgate wiring or water ingress to the diversity antennae. The problem is we are planning a camping trip this weekend and I don't have time to look into it before I go, so I just want to disable the whole alarm temporarily

Cheers,

Dave

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello there Dave -
Thank you for your reply and info.. I asked in case it was something like that as its common on these..
Look under the bonnet Dave - toward the very back of the engine bay / under screen area - you will see a "button" - a black plastic button sticking up by about 1"...
Disconnect the wire plug from that - that should it. Its usually that switch either out of line or faulty..
You can safely leave that wire off - tuck it away - it just means you won't have bonnet protection thats all - and still all else is covered.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.