Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a bmw 630i convertable, 07 plate 70000 miles fsh, it

Customer Question

I have a bmw 630i convertable, 07 plate 70000 miles fsh, it has developed a problem over the last month or so (2000 miles). Curiously after a service from the main dealer. Excesive blue smoke occasionaly, more than normal white smoke all the time. I took it back to the local dealer, they replaced two solenoid control valves. Then said it had a missfire cyl 6 & needed to take the head off to investigate. They quoted was £1800 just to investigate so I took the car to a independant bmw specialist. He is experiencing the original fault but with missfire cyl 4 & 5, blue smoke on start up & again excesive smoke occasionaly. He now has the engine running without the crankase hose attached and not experienced any excessive smoke yet even after an overnight period. He is convinced that the crancase breathing system is to blame & is waiting for a pipe to fit and retry. I am confident with his diagnosis but not convince we have the rout cause yet.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
What. Is the last 7 of the vin?