Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Iv have a 08 x5 and have 5 r 6 lights on on the dash apparntley

Hi iv have a 08 x5 and have 5 r 6 lights on on the dash apparntley its all linked what could this b? As no one seems to no
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What does "5 r 6 lights" refer to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Seat belt ligt abs handbrake then a yellow trangle light few more

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But the jeep is goin fine

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What faults are logged in the car's fault memory?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What does this mean??

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
the car is connected to a computer and the computer reads out the information that has been stored relating to the problems...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah but dats what i mean the computer is not saying what the cause , thought it might been the relay box

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do u not no the problem wpuld b nice if u could reply

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

sorry for the delay

what type of scanner was used to check the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dnt no the exact 1 just no he put it on the computer

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

most likely the vehicle was scanned only with a basic emissions code reader, which cannot read from the systems which you have faulted.

the only way to determine the underlying cause of what you are experiencing is to have the faults read with a factory BMW scan tool or equivilent. If there are lights on, 99.9% there should be faults stored. the only way faults woudld not be stored is if the instrument cluster has failed, and a scan would reveal this anyways.

most likely you have a voltage issue or failed control module, but the faults MUST be read with a factory BMW scan tool as a next step.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.