Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

When my bmw 528i (1999) is at idle it darts to miss badly if

When my bmw 528i (1999) is at idle it darts to miss badly if I turn ignition off and straight back on its ok for about 30 secs and then darts to miss again can't drive it any ideas
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Are any warning lights on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No and car drives fine, until I stop it starts too miss
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the most likely / common causes of this kind of behavior would be an air leak, failed crankcase vent valve or failed idle valve.

each should be checked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.