Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have problems with my 03 x5 auto 3.00 diesel cooling system.

Customer Question

i have problems with my 03 x5 auto 3.00 diesel cooling system. I am an ex mechanic so know quite a bit but this needs inside knowledge
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello

what is your question about this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

after a new lower radiator hose was fitted it keeps blowing off at the radiator end..the rad neck and the plastic grooves look a1. Thecar travels maybe 500 miles before the hose blows off. This has happened 4 times. Been refitted by me and 3 different garages who say its good now,,and it blows off.

Head gasket seems ok..miracle, This is a 2003 car and a part change occurs that year..wwas their a problem which led to modified hoses which are not interchangeable and if the wrong one is fitted does it blow off ? or known fault with pressure cap over pressureisinge .

The hose stays on the plastic end piece but the piece with the wire clip comes off the rad neck. I am not sure if the wire clip goes in the first groove or the second groove on the radiator neck. The clip looks strong the grooves are good and not worn

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.