Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My 530d is jumping up and down the gears and sometimes sticks

my 530d is jumping up and down the gears and sometimes sticks in first or second
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
what diagnostics have been carried out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

41F6 oxygen sensor signal virtual ground

41D6 oxygen sensor signal Nernst voltage

4225 oxygen sensor

4S01 Exhaust gas recirculation

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

you should replace all of your oxygen sensors and check the wiring to each

however, the transmission issue is more likely related to an internal fluid leak or one on the electrical connector

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been told its not a mechanical fault as every time the fault codes are cleared it goes perfectly for a while then reverts back to eratic changing of gears

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating.

a leak into the electrical connector is not a mechanical fault and is the only likely cause I can suggest based on provided information.