Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

When i look at car any specifick problems to look out for?

when i look at car any specifick problems to look out for?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What is the mileage and service history?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

166000 service history full mostly bmw main dealer

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

if you are considering purchasing a car with this much mileage you definintely should pay for a proper pre-purchase inspection by a BMW dealer or independent specialist

this is the only way to protect yourself against hiding issues or computer related trouble.

in terms of specific things, the crankcase ventilation system needs to be checked, the cooling system will need to be replaced very soon if it has not already. oxygen sensors will need to be replaced if they have not been. expect suspension components to be in need of replacement if they have not been. also the transmission oil condition needs to be checked, along with other usual things like tire tread depth and brake pad wear.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.