Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a BMW X5 E53 3.0 diesel. The micro switch on the tailgate

Customer Question

I have a BMW X5 E53 3.0 diesel. The micro switch on the tailgate has stopped operating and has to be opened by the manual pull cord. Also the switch on the dash and the key remote does not work. I have replaced the relay and have no blown fuses. I am getting no power at either of the micro switch terminals. I was considering replacing the micro switch but at GB£109, it is expensive if it is not that. It is driving me to despair.
Please help
John Blamires
Alston, Cumbria, UK
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello John,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Hello John,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Hello John,
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.