Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Good Evening, I don't buy new! Can't afford it!! But I have

Good Evening,
I don't buy new! Can't afford it!! But I have just bought my third 3 Series this time an E46 2000 330d. 58000miles and in very good condition. Within one week though, I've had a problem - not with the car but my neck -I am a bit arthritic! New standard rear springs have recently been fitted and other bushes renewed.
The car is fitted with 225/45 R 17" 91w tyres/7 spoke alloy wheel assys. I see the data plate inside the driver's door shut allows an alternative 205/50R 17" 93w tyre/wheel assy.
My question is, Can you notice the difference in the ride with this change of aspect ratio? To make the change will mean new or good refurb'd alloys and tyres at considerable expense but a job worth doing is worth doing properly.
I'd greatly appreciate your trusted advice.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
You will not notice a difference going to a 205/50, none at all. Do not waste even a small amount of money making this switch.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.