Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

We have 2006 bmw 320d s estate 131k miles when take oil cap

We have 2006 bmw 320d s estate 131k miles when take oil cap off when engine idling it blows oil out, is that normal.?
Car does not appear to smoke and drives fine.
Also I cannot open rear glass on tailgate any ideas.
Roy
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Roy,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello Roy,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to wait another couple of days please
Roy
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Roy and Welcome.My name is ***** ***** Sorry to see you have had a wait.Its quite normal yes for you to get spattered with oil when the cap is removed with the engine running - so thats normal yes.Re the tailgate glass issue - this can be one of a couple of things- on the electrical side, you can get chaffed / broken wires going from the car to the tailgate - so check on that. Or inside the tailgate.If thats all ok- you need to check the actual mechanism - as thats the most likely fault with that then.. It will need checking as above to determine the issue --Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience: Tech Expert