Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 325i 2005 automatic won't start. Insert the key and get

BMW 325i 2005 automatic won't start. Insert the key and get the usual click as the car switches on. But when I press the starter button I just get a. Hum from I presume the starter motor or solenoid. The computer. Screen said very low battery so have put in a new battery. Any suggestions please.
John
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated.Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
this is almost certainly the starting having failed. VERY common on this year/model. If you have never had the starter replaced, you are overdue for it.other possibilities would be a bad key, immobilizer issue, steering lock issue, trans not being fully in park, transmission position switch issue or engine computer issue.in terms of things you can try, you can try a second key, unhooking the battery for an hour, a jump start, checking all fuses, rocking the car back and forth in place, starting in neutral, locking/unlocking a few times mechanically with the blade keymost likely you will need a tow for a new starter to be fitted, though
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.