Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2009 BMW X3. About a week ago the parking sensors

hi I have a 2009 BMW X3. About a week ago the parking sensors started playing up. Sometimes when I put the car in reverse they work fine but other times the light on the dash starts flashing it beeps a few times and then nothing. I did the sensor test buy switching off the engine and listening to all the sensors and I hear them all clicking.
In addition, a few days ago I started the car and the 4x4, ABS and Break and Airbag signs are on and when I switch the car off there is a weird sound like pulling a hand break for about 2 seconds.
Again like the sensors that comes and goes.
Hope you can help?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
What kind of help are you seeking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi

tell me what you think the problem is?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would suspect the parking sensor issue is either a problem with the control module, or an intermittently failing sensor.
I would suspect the 4x4 light / noise is the transfer case playing up.
For both issues, the only way to verify will be to have the computer fault logs read from the car with a bmw scan tool and appropriate test plans run.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks will call BMW tomorrow and see what they can do. Do you think if the problem is a failing sensor and transfer case it would be expensive?

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating

a single parking sensor is not expensive

a transfer case failure would be expensive

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for your help

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
you are welcome. please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating