Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have just received a 425 diesel m sport. I thought this

Customer Question

I have just received a 425 diesel m sport. I thought this would come with folding power external mirrorsr, but it doesn't. I don' have internal comfort system added, how wuold i cgo about having them fitted, and how much might that be?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
what is the last 7 digits of the vin of the car?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
KP49110
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there any further information on this question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello and Welcome.

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise.

Im sorry - but the expert that answered you - or responded to you initially has opted out of this question for some reason without telling you...

We can carry on from here .. I can only apologise for what happened.. of course, I had no control over that.

Re your query... there are people that do this sort of work, specialising in it - you can do a net search for such people in your locale. Of course , any dealer can do it for you - but an independent or specialist as above will be considerably cheaper if you can find such.

What needs to be done is to have the loom fitted for to make the system work - along with a new replacement switch -on the door.

Once fitted up - diagnostic equipment is connected up to program the systems / module to make this happen ( its called coding ).. for the mirrors to fold.

Now I have to say, I cant really give you a price- this is because people charge different rates for this work - it can depend mainly on where you are.... and I really wouldn't want to mislead you ... I would suggest to do as above - look up a couple of different fitters to do the job and then get prices / quotes - that way there are no nasty surprises when complete.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE