Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

How do I fix exhaust emissions valve is it expensive to fix

Customer Question

How do I fix exhaust emissions valve is it expensive to fix and can I still drive the car
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
What faults are logged in the cars fault memory?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The warning sign of the engine shows and the engine sounds missing when car as started . I Checked on the Manuel and fault log indicates there is a fault with the exhaust emission valve.

I need to know is this a expensive job to fix ,can I take the car to a BMW dealer or,can a local car garage fix the problem .

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hi, I asked what faults are logged in the vehicle's fault log?

have you not had them read?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The only faults i see is on the dashboard warning light showing warning exhaust emission valve fault . that is the only fault logged that I am aware of .

thanks

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the dash lights are only driver warnings

in order to determine the actual underlying cause of the issue, the faults needs to be scanned from the car using a BMW compatible diagnostic computer

there are MANY things which can trigger the lights, so the only way to know the root cause is to have the vehicle scanned - this is the next / only step at this time and

there is no way to determine the possible cost or magnitude of repair until this is done. The cost could literally range from £100 to £10000

you should only use a main dealer or a BMW specialist for this.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.