Marty
Marty, BMW Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Heater blowing hot and cold on my 1991 bmw 3 series 320i

Customer Question

Category: BMW
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** for the long wait on this question. If your heater is blowing intermittent heat I would check for a plugged heater core, a faulty heater control valve or a faulty engine thermostat. If you disconnect the power to the heater valve it should spring open and give you full heating. The valve should be removed and inspected to be sure that it opens and closes electrically. If the heater valve is open and you get poor heating I would check for a plugged heater core or a faulty engine thermostat.Let me know if you have any questions.Marty