Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Did BMW install an anti theft device on their 3 series diesel

Customer Question

did BMW install an anti theft device on their 3 series diesel cars that were registered in January 1995? The car in question is a 325 tdse . Reg no M926 SGX. Regards
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EN50408
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand EWS 1 was installed on all vehicles from January 1994. Is this correct?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to click on a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Yes this vehicle has an ews 1 system. Ews 2 was introduced in January 1995 and this is a December 1994 build car, thus it has ews 1
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me an exact explanation as to how the EWS 1 system works?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hi, that would constitute a new question, per site policy. I will be happy to provide the information without you having to open a new question, but cannot do so Nila positive rating is left for my original answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will informing an insurance company of this installation possibly reduce their quote?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hi, again, please select a positive rating as the original question has been completely answered
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will be happy to answer your additional questions so but cannot do so nail I am credited via positive rating for my complete original answer
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
If you Google search BMW ews history the first link from e38.org has a robust description of the system. I cannot post the link for some reason. As for insurance, the company should already know that an immobilizer is standard on a this car, so informing them of such is not likely to change rates
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My present insurance company lists the vehicle as having no immobilizer .This misinformation was taken into account on last years premium.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Then it would be worth informing them. I doubt premiums will change