Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2002 BMW 325i and recently I had an issue with the

I have a 2002 BMW 325i and recently I had an issue with the cluster no longer lighting up, none of the windows and wipers working etc. I therefore disconnected the battery over night and when reconnected most things started to work again but there are 3 issues remaining:-
- The Cruise control green light stays lit up on the cluster constantly, cruise control works fine.
- The blue highbeam light does not light up when you turn on high beam, lights up when I do a cluster test though.
- The computer button on the stalk no longer works, it is stuck on outside temp.
So I have 2 questions:-
- Are there any common faults that may cause these issues?
- Is it possible to read fault codes from the gm5 module which is what I believe causes such issues?
Chris
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Chris,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

hello

what is the last 7 digits of the vin of the car.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve

Last 7 digits are JW35360

Chris

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the only common thing that would cause this would be a faulty ignition switch.

aside from that, a failed module of some kind, somewhere on the car, could also cause a communication disturbance and cause isues like this. It is possible that the GM could do it, but that isn't the only possibility, it could be the slip ring, cluster itself, etc.

yes, faults can be read from the GM with a factory BMW scan tool.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert