Robert
Robert, BMW Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Good morning I have a BMW 525D its done 55000 mile when does

Customer Question

good morning I have a BMW 525D its done 55000 mile when does the timing chain need changing and what would it cost approx. thanks Keir Acum
Category: BMW
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
You'd rarely need to replace the timing chain at such a low mileage - in fact most timing chains can last the lifetime of the engine if the engine is serviced routinely with regards ***** ***** and filter services - but it also considered too to replace the timing chain when it reaches the 150,000-200,000mile range would you tend having it replaced...normally when a chain is in need of replacement the engine will be alot more noisey in operation or chain noise due to the guides or chain stretching..it will also have an impact on timing aswell as the ecu would pick up on the timing imbalance..Ido hope this helps