Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Have a 2006 bmw 318i and it splutters and loses power intermittently

have a 2006 bmw 318i and it splutters and loses power intermittently after about 10 -15 mins of driving
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello,
what question can I answer for you about this?
do you want to know possible causes? something else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes please possible causes. if this will help, sometimes the abs light comes on and also the low tyre pressure light when it happens. but all reset themselves when ignition is switched off.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
this suggests a fault with the abs module on the car, which can lead to a restriction in power.
the only way to fully diagnose this is to have the faults read from the car with a BMW scan tool - a generic local garage cannot tackle this problem, you will need to use a main dealer or at the very least a BMW specialist garage, as expensive, specialist equipment is required for this diagnosis
other common possible causes of power loss are a fuel pressure issue or faulty airflow sensor. These can be checked hands on in a straight forward fashion by any reputable garage
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.