Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

First gear on my 60 plate bmw 2 LITRE DIESEL coupe 2dr jumps

Customer Question

first gear on my 60 plate bmw 2 LITRE DIESEL coupe 2dr jumps out all the time
its good that 2nd gear can pull away however im worried that it will rag the clutch
70 k on clock
great car
my local garage specialises in BMW however he cant get the single parts so i need a replacement box
is there someone reconditioning these or am i at the behest of the main dealer and a hefty bill
ive heard that it is frequent but not too common a faullt some cars with only 20k ??
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

E587793

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer.

unfortunately there is nobody currently rebuilding these, you might be able to cannibalize parts from a used transmission from a wrecker, but that would be costly in itself.