Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Have a 2002 525 diesel and every now and again the whole car goes dead no power anywhere t

Customer Question

have a 2002 525 diesel and every now and again the whole car goes dead no power anywhere then after a min or two comes back and no clocks need resetting just as nothing had happen any idea steve
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will look tomorrow and send it through
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the whole number is ***** P02080 G245387 didn't start on turning over blipped the key fob and started right away have one set of keys needs new battery can't be that the other fob battery needs changing just a thought
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the common possible causes of this on this vehicle would be:
loose or faulty battery cable
melting at the fuse box
ignition switch issue.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the thing is if it was battery or fuse box the clock and radio would have to be reset. The ignition switch the hazards would work. So still not much luck. Just used this site as must have log of problems and there would be a fix written down somewhere rather than guess work