Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a BMW 520d touring 2007. When I start the engine the

I have a BMW 520d touring 2007. When I start the engine the raidio works fine, but as soon as I engage drive or reverse on the auto box the radio cuts out permanently and won't come on until the ignition is switched off and back on again. It first started doing this about 12 months ago when the problem was resolved when a new battery was fitted, but the problem has recently returned and the battery appears to be very healthy. Any suggestions on a solution greatly appreciated.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
What is system voltage with the engine running and not running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know and I don't really have the skills to measure it
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
If a voltage issue caused the problem before, it is most likely a voltage issue again - meaning nad battery or alternator.
Proper voltage testing will need to be carried out at this time to verify.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.