Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Can any one help? I have a bmw 7 series 3.5 2002 new shape.

hi can any one help? I have a bmw 7 series 3.5 2002 new shape. I have had the car for over a year but only driven it twice, I have had 2 mechanics look and work on my car, it keeps going into limp mode, I have had all sensors injectors plugs and even the computers changed but it still comes up with problem 3 cylinder. But when it is reset it works ok until you go over 50 mph and then goes back into limp mode. The last Macanic has had it for 6 months and changed everything on it only to bill me £1,400 for parts and labour but not fixed. I really am at my wits end. Has any body got any ideas please. Thanks from a bmw 7 series enthusiast
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what is compression in cylinder three?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was told that it holds its right number for it, they said that the way it's ok for a while then comes up with fault can only mean it's electrical, even Bmw Guildford checked it and found cylinder reading was fine
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
if all of the sensors, plugs, coils, injectors and computers have been changed, then the only thing left would be a wiring fault.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.