Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a BMW X3 07 plate,starts fine,then can/will cut out

Customer Question

hi i have a BMW X3 07 plate,starts fine,then can/will cut out for no apparent reason,checked battery connections ,had fuel filter changed,still no difference,when car does stop,i noticed that the dails on the dash,all go to full up ,when turn the ignition off then back on it will run ok the rest of that day?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
does the electrical power cut out when the vehicle cuts out? or do the lights / dash remain on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all lights remain on dash,fuel and temp gauge go full,loss of power steering,switch off igintion then back on runs again for a wee while
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the most common thing that would cause the vehicle to cut out like this would be a fuel pump or injector issue.
the best or really only way to verify will be to replicate the issue at a time when fuel pressure can be tested and live diagnostics run
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.