Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I own a 2007 X5 . The "Level control System failure" message

I own a 2007 X5 . The "Level control System failure" message has come on and if the car is left for a period of time the rear drivers side sinks down . As soon as I start the engine it begins to rise, it normally takes 20-30 seconds for it to effectively re-inflate . Is this just a sensor problem, or is it going to be something more serious .
thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
does this happen every time the car is left for a long time?
if you just shut it off for 30min, does it lower on one side?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no tends to have to be for a good few hours/ overnight etc ..... Havent noticed it happen if the car is left standing for a short period of time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
been going on for a while as well to be fair ....i'm not the quickest to get things sorted
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
unfortunately the issue is most likely a small, slow leak then, not a sensor. The air springs will need to be checked for leaks as a next step.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.