Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Age got a BMW 5 series e60 525 diesel sport,I recently had

Hi age got a BMW 5 series e60 525 diesel sport,I recently had a automatic transmission fluid change....costing me 425.00...I was told there was a leak so I had it sorted ave notched my revs take a few seconds to change will going up gear it's a automatic. Is there any thing else I can do make it smother ride
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
You can try resetting the transmission by turning the ignition on with engine off, then pressing the accelerator to the floor for 2min.
If that does not help you can have the transmission software updated by a bmw main dealer.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i knew about pressing the exc to the floor...i did it but its no made any difference..i will c about getting a auto trans software update c if that helps...thanks