Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I disconnected the battery of my 2003 Z4 weeks and

Hi, I disconnected the battery of my 2003 Z4 for 3 weeks and now there are various problems; no dashboard indicators lamp, (although the external indicators work), the OBD does not work, seat belt warning lamp is on. Any ideas?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi,
can you please clarify what kind of information it is you are seeking about this? it is hard to know how to interpret "any ideas"
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am hoping that you can suggest what is causing the faults.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the most common cause of this type of symptom is a failed ignition switch.
it is also possible that you could have a failed control module some place on the car which is causing interference for other systems, or possibly a voltage / power delivery problem
you will need a BMW specialist if you wish to avoid guesswork on this repair, a local garage simply will not have the required knowledge or diagnostic tools to fix this is an expedient manner.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.