Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a problem with the amp in the rear of my car Logic 7

I have a problem with the amp in the rear of my car Logic 7 that got wet and no longer works. Trained BMW mechanics cannot understand why the replacement amp does not work, my car is a BMW 320D E90. Thankyou
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
how many replacement amps were tried?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One second hand amp from quarry motors was tried. The mechanic plugged it into a tester which appeared to show a signal, however there was still no audio sound. They thought the problem may be related to head unit or some other parts, but they did not have a replacement head to test it and run out of ideas of what could be wrong. They also couldn't find where the leak was or it to reoccur. They recommended going to a BMW approved dealer network centre. Thanks
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
unfortunately it does not sound like this shop you went to is that familiar with this system. If the garage was not an actual bmw main dealer, then they are not bmw approved and do not have up to date training.
installing one second hand amp and doing no diagnostics or programming isn't really a serious attempt to try and fix your issue.
an amp needs to be programmed when replaced, so this could be the problem.
also the second hand amp they used could have easily been faulty or incompatible, or there could be a power supply issue, or there could possibly be another component in the audio system or idrive network that is causing an issue as well - this type of issue can only be diagnosed with main dealer level equipment
I would have to agree with them, you should use a bmw main dealer for this work as they are the only ones that have access to programming equipment and have the latest software levels and training
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
.
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert