Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I've got a 2006 650i with an ARS fault, it comes as 5D55

Hi, I've got a 2006 650i with an ARS fault, it comes as 5D55 learning, rear axle pressure sensor.
I've recently replaced the battery (and coded) and replaced the alternator and regulator.
Do you have any ideas in why I have this code?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
this code would most likely be caused by either a simple defective sensor, or the need for it to be reset/recalibrated with a factory BMW diagnostic tool
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I managed to plug in another sensor to see if it helped at all but no luck, so do you reckon a BMW reset would fix my issue? I don't want to take it to BMW straight away to be mugged off so I'm trying bits myself first. Many thanks Steve
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
yes, a reset is likely to fix it.
if not, at the very least proper test plans can be run to determine the cause as this single static fault code doesn't point to anything other than the sensor / calibration.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks il give them a call tomorrow, do you know what they will charge roughly?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
likely a one hour diagnostic charge. probably around £150-200
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe I should of tried to calibrate the new sensor I plugged in, as we just plugged in another sensor and checked for the fault on DIS software, if I connect a new sensor and calibrate should it work?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
assuming that is the true cause (likely), then yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had an overvoltage issue so I replaced the original (10 year old battery!) And alternator because of the faulty alternators , but neither of these helped my issue so far
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
a sensor replacement and calibration is the next step
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** it gets sorted as I've only had it 2 months and it's putting me off already ūüĎé
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Calibrated a new sensor and all working fine now many thanks