Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2008 bmw 120d oil burning issue. on startup i have a cloud

Customer Question

2008 bmw 120d oil burning issue.
on startup i have a cloud of blue strong smelling smoke that takes around 5 mins to clear this is begining to take a little longer to clear as the wks go by. do i need to have my valve stem seals and pcv valve replaced and how big a job would this be
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
full service history and oil level just on touching max on dip stick
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Whah is the vin of the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WBAUD92030PT37774
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please find vin number of my car
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
with the symptoms you describe the issue is almost certainly the valve stem seals
this is a large job. About 17-18 hours labour.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the swift reply. i have the dodgy n47d20o0 engine with the timing chain issue as the valve stem seals are such a large job would it make sense to have the chain checked as its a possible quality recall model
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi,
if you have a new question please post it to me via this link: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/profile.aspx?PF=26942375&FID=12206