Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a BMW 6 series gran coupe. I am trying to fit winter

I have a BMW 6 series gran coupe.
I am trying to fit winter wheels and I purchase a set from someone who used to have a 5 series. It's says on the inside of the wheel BMW6790172 and they have winter tyres 225 55 R17
They are BMW star spoke 327 wheels and in the brochure it says these are ok for a 5 series and 6 series.
My BMW dealership said they think there is only 5mm clearance between the calliper and the wheel and that's not enough. I went to an independent and the wheel spins around the calliper freely.
How can I find out for sure if they fit my car. Apparently they aren't an approved part for my vehicle as this set don't have TPMS sensors but I can just get those fitted easily by an independent.
Can I use these wheels or do I need a new set? Help
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what is the last 7 digits of the vin of your car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chasis is D103699 is that what you mean?It says F06 640d Gran Coupe N5 on my invoice from the dealership
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Part number for the wheels is B36112162953
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi,
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer. Please consider a tip/bonus for my prompt service.
I have run your vin and the wheel part number through the BMW system and am pleased to report that this wheel part number is ***** with your vin / chassis number. 5mm is enough clearance, 3-4mm is minimum, 5mm is perfectly fine
these wheels are good to use for sure.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
if there are no additional questions, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
if there are no additional questions, as the question has been completely answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating to ensure I receive proper credit for my time and answer out of the funds you have already paid to place your question. thank you in advance.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
if there are no additional questions, as the question has been completely answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating to ensure I receive proper credit for my time and answer out of the funds you have already paid to place your question. thank you in advance..