Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

How to reactivate bmw x5 4.6is headlight level sensors

Customer Question

how to reactivate bmw x5 4.6is headlight level sensors
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can such a popular website be so rubbish, when it has no Password ***** function
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello - what exactly do you mean by reactivate? what was done to deactivate them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it runs with the warning "Self Level Inactive" all the time, and the headlights will not rise to their correct height when you switch them on, I have new sensors, but due to getting an advisory to replace the sub frames, I was going to do it all at the same time. However as it is now wintertime and I really need my lights to be a lot better, I would really like to see if it is possible to reactivate the system to bring my lights back up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wondering if there is a command I can use in the dash sequence when you can get it to display the error codes
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
you want to know how to bring he lights back up without replacing the level sensors?
what faults are logged in the cars computer fault memory?